Grilled Prawns Recipe with Orange Mango & Carrot Slaw
Grilled Prawns with Orange Mango & Carrot Slaw
A delicious quick prawn recipe which you impress your guests at your next dinner party.
Write a review
- 6 king prawns – butterfly and leave the tail on
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Orange, Mango & Carrot Slaw
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 small mango, cut into filets
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into tiny cubes
- zest from 1⁄2 orange
- juice from orange
- zest from lime (reserve 1⁄2 for prawns) juice from 1⁄2 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 -1 tbsp Womersley Lime,Black Pepper & Lavender vinegar or cider vinegar
- Combine all of the seasoning mix ingredients.
- Dip prawns in cooled melted butter. Sprinkle prawns with seasoning mix.
- Using a greased grill pan over a high heat,grill the prawns turning every 30 seconds.
- Cook for two minutes on either side then garnish with lime zest and green onions.
- For the Mango & Carrot slaw, mix all of the ingredients together and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the Cajun prawns and garnish with coriander and spring onions.
- To impress your guests , break a dry coconut in half or quarter portions and use to serve the prawns.
- Great tip : Marinate prawns in advance and store in refrigerator until ready. Chicken and Fish would work just as nicely in this recipe.
The Menopause Chef http://www.themenopausechef.com/