Zesty Mango Salad
Mangoes add a whole new flavour dimension to a simple salad. Who said salads should be boring. It’s easy to make with fresh ingredients and a few seeds. Feel free to make substitutions. Use recipe as a base to create your own variations.
We love to use Mango in smoothies or as a sweet sauce over some dairy free ice-cream. Mango is a wonderful addition to spices, and you can intensify the flavour by adding some freshly ground black pepper whilst in salads.
- Prep Time20 min
- Total Time20 min
- Ready in20 min
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot grated
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 half ripe mango cubed
- 5 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions diagonally sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds optional
- handful coriander leaves chopped
- mild chilli finely diced or chilli flakes optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce for thai flavour substitute fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 tsp honey optional
- 1 tbsp ginger finely grated
- pinch of salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients into large bowl and toss together. It really is as simple as that!
Whisk or blend the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over just before serving.
Notes: Mangoes are packed with flavour and loaded with nutrients. 1 cup =100 calories, 100% daily Vitamin C, 35% daily Vitamin A and 12% daily fibre.
Bean Sprouts are filled with fibre, virtually fat free and high in Vitamin C.
Freshly ground black pepper adds spicy complicated flavour.